I had believed (hoped) that the closer we got to our Foolproof Adventure, the more I would be able to come to terms with everything that was happening. I figured reality would give me a much needed dose of adrenaline and I would go careening into the last few days with all my shit together.
I am hilarious sometimes.
The truth of the situation is quite the opposite My thoughts are seizing up MORE SPECTACULARLY so that I actually stop talking in the middle of sentences. It's an opossum *bzt* wherein I can't move or speak for a few seconds and then I continue on in another vein because discussing NY and dinner with OHMYFUCKINGGODISABELLA ROSSELLINI just breaks my brain.
I wish there was a cure for it, because we are now exactly 21 days away from flight day and all I have planned are my shoes and my purse...and tickets to see The Addams Family. Oh, and we're going to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. My $$ fund is fully stocked and ready to go. But that's it, and when you're going to spend 6 days in New York, you need to have a leetle bit more figured out than that.
I have emails to write and people to contact, and reservations to make. I'd like to schedule a limo to take us to dinner if that's possible so we're not cabbing it. I'd like to scout out a few more restaurants and places to visit, so every morning doesn't include 12 repetitions of the phrase "What do you want to do? I don't know, what do you want to do?"
These are all thoughts I've toyed with muchly in the last month. And always figured I would get to it "next week".
Well my friends, I am quickly running out of Next Weeks. So THIS WEEK we are going to take a drive to Tulsa and do some shopping, and hopefully I'll come home with a dinner outfit and some "around the city" clothes that don't make me look like a panhandler. We're going to hit up Sephora so that the lady can do my makeup and we have a face-paint plan for me. (!!) And we're going to have a dry run night where we do our hair and makeups. Like a wedding, only not. I'm going to find us a journal to take on our journey and keep important stubs and information in. I'm going to make Kandance build us a trip blog.
One year ago today, I never would have guessed in a bazillion years the adventures that were in store. I only knew that good things will always come if you make yourself available to them, and that surrounding yourself with kickass friends is necessary.
So, ladies, as we step into the last few weeks before we do the Ultimate Thing, thanks for making this happen. I promise I won't show up to dinner looking homeless.
MEEEEEP.
LOL. I'm going to try not to look homeless either! I'm still not sure what shoes I'm wearing for that night.
ReplyDeleteI hope I don't get tongue-tied - I'm afraid of awkward silences.
I figure any silence can be covered by shouting out the word DOG.
ReplyDeleteAlso, isn't this kind of our trip blog?
ReplyDeleteIt kind of is, but we're looking for blogs that are easier to update from our phones, and ones that are geared towards "travel". We may end up with one on blogger, but it also has to be accessible to K's flist of people who may or may not want to be assaulted with fangirl shenanigans.
ReplyDelete