*g*
But really, it's a sad thing because I felt like we'd worked out the Ultimate Guest List and the decision was made to not fill the spot. How could we replace A? Not possible.
UNTIL NOW.
I would like you to meet...The Seventh.
Nathan Fillion.
Now I know what you might be thinking...but sometimes you have to take one for the team and offer a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to someone less fortunate.
Nathan hasn't been formally invited yet, but come on. If YOU received an invitation to an exclusive dinner for Seven with ISA-FREAKING-BELLA Rossellini - could you really turn it down? (Unless you're A, of course.)
Anyway, here's the rough draft of the
Dear Nathan,
This will probably be the strangest invitation you receive today, but it really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
For you.
We are having a dinner with Isabella Rossellini at Nobu in New York and a seat at our table has come available unexpectedly. We thought we would extend an invitation to you, because we feel that you would be the perfect addition to our little dinner party. Our original attendee, also a Canadian, is unable to attend due to conflicting schedules. Our first alternate attendee, Bonapart the Briard, is unable to attend due to unfair and specious bias agains canines in eating establishments. Our second alternate attendee, Lena Olin, is unable to attend due to the fact that we're all too chickenshit to actually invite her because she's as scary as she is awesome. So we've come to our third alternate attendee AND Canadian: You.
Please RSVP as soon as possible. If you are unable to attend we will be contacting our Fourth Alternate Attendee, Stana Katic. Who may also be your date to this dinner, should we have another participant unexpectedly drop out.
I'm sure you know what an opportunity this is, and we hope to see you there.
Sincerely,
Dinner for
Nathan's attendance will also begin another, equally important ball rolling. Namely the "In Death Series on Showtime" ball. See, we can ask Nathan what he thinks about nudging Stana about Eve, while alternately offering parts to Isabella (Dr. Mira - shut up, I can cast it however I want) and Nathan himself (either Webster or Baxter. Baxter is a more regular character, but Webster gets to have sexual history with Eve. He also gets the stuffing beat out of him by Roarke, which would kind of be a shame.)
We also got our first set of date ranges. Waiting on some input from our NYC contact before we get in contact with White Oak with our choices, but in 3.5, 4.5 or 5.5 months we will be meeting IR.
OMG.
"It’s kind of a childish question, I guess, but do you have a favorite animal?
Dog, I think. Though I think if I had been able to keep a monkey, it would have been a monkey, but I don’t know a monkey as intimately as I know a dog…. But the fact that probably there is more affinity between apes, it would be great to know an ape intimately, but you can’t have it because it eats up your friend. So I have to be stuck with dogs."
I'm really glad she's so pragmatic about the fact that APES EAT PEOPLE therefore make questionable pets. Because shit-slinging - it's only annoying. Murderous apey rampages? A little more problematic.


I see no flaws in this plan. None. I think we should offer a free hoodie and his choice of character.
ReplyDeleteVery brilliant! Thanks for making me smile. :)
ReplyDeleteYou better be sending that letter. Such a demo of your mad, genius skilz!
ReplyDeleteOh sweetheart. We're just waiting on the address and I'm going to add in some parts like "Your participation will also include a limited-edition Dinner For Seven hoodie" and an invitation to contact White Oak Conservation Center to attend to the veracity of the invite. *g*
ReplyDelete