It's been an Isabella Weekend up in here these days, what with the dreams and the outfit planning and the fact that December is creeping ever closer. So when I got a google alert this AM about a new article/interview with our lovely dinner guest, I was thrilled. Only, by the time I got to the end, I was ready to cut a bitch. A bitch called "Stupid Effing Vanity Fair Journalist".
Isabella Rossellini Does Not Want You To Have Sex With Animals
I agree with Isabella, I find the whole business offensive. On oh so many levels. On the one hand, I can kind of see how he thought he was being cute and edgy, asking if it was hard to film her animal "love scenes", insinuating that she might collect paper animal penises for enjoyment, the Turkey as Jesus discussion, and he finishes by slipping off the rails by heading down the perversion track. On the other hand, did he really just insinuate that she was perverse and making bug porn for creep shows? And did he really just try to apply human morality to animals? Dude, I realize this are comedy shorts, but mofo, animals and science are something she is very passionate about in a very smart way that doesn't have to do with making you feel funny in your pants.
Isabella finishes the interview by checking out, telling him to do what he wants, and saying the word slut. I don't know how she didn't kick him in the teeth, all told.
It kind of reminded me of Gillian Anderson's first interview with David Letterman, where he was being oh-so-smart and trying to bully her with his vast wit. Only this jackass was playing in a pool far outside his depth.
I mean, I get that the whole point of the article is to ask celebrities stupid and awkward questions, but is the point also to be offensive and rude? How is Vanity Fair even paying this asshole? If I was a more pathetic person (or, say, one who didn't have to get up so early in the morning) I might start a righteous letter writing campaign but the truth is, Isabella held her own just fine. She dismissed this idiot for what he was and walked away. I suppose I'll do the same thing.
And now, in other news that is less angry, my New York outfit now consists of shoes...and a purse.
Cutest purse ever, y/y? I'm very excited by my find and YES - it really did cost $38. With a 10% Holiday Market discount. I am going to be so styling. Once I find clothes to wear with my accessories.
Yeah, what an ass. But there was this:
ReplyDeleteYou didn’t keep even one penis for old times’ sake? It’d make a great conversation piece at dinner parties.
[Laughs.] No, no.
So, we can strike that question off the list.
Wow, that was one odd interview.
ReplyDeleteWTH was he thinking?