Monday, September 13, 2010

Sweet December and Oh Canadia!

Got an email from Brandy at White Oak today. Isabella will, in fact, have time for us in April/May/June.

That's the good news.

The less good news is that we won't have a confirmed date until December.


Obviously the life of a bug porn afficionado is very full. And the fangirl calendar is going to have to go to print without the date printed on the calendar.

In other news, I was finally able to cash my first Canadian money order today. Which should not have been early the ordeal it was. The conversation went like this.

Kris: "I have a money order from Canadia and I need it put in my checking account. But it's from Canadia...in US funds?"

Bank Lady: *blank look* "Well, let me ask my supervisor."

Kris: *waits*

Bank Lady: "We can't cash this. We can't convert currency."

Kris: "But it's a US Dollar money order."

Bank Lady: "Right, but we can't convert it."

Kris: "!!?? A US dollar money order?"

Bank Lady: "Sorry."

So I went to a different bank, where they were less confused by the concept of a Canadian money order in US Dollars, however they checked the CRAP out of it and told me if it comes back as a counterfeit money order (*shifty look at A*), they'll debit my dad's account. LOL

So there you have it. The latest update. Isabella is going to make time for us in a 3 month window, and our christmas gift will be that she gives us a date. And some US Banks in the state of arkansas are confused by the concept of a US Dollars money order.

Good times. :D

7 comments:

  1. The first two things are very good. The last one doesn't surprise me at all, and even further, I wouldn't expect better from any TN banks. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The calendar will take care of itself. No worries. More importantly, we have a whole Dinner For 7 Hoodie Plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good God!

    The money order was issued by freaking Canada Goddamned Post, it doesn't get more legit than that peeps!! RAWR!!!

    Glad I sent it in US funds...it might have started a national crises had I sent it in Canadian funds and they really did have to convert.

    meanwhile... I had an Isabella dream last night... she looked good in mah bed... just saying. Weird little dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, A. I shall like to hear about this dream. Perhaps in an email. No need for preemptive restraining orders. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heee, it wasn't an erotic dream, but it was damn hilarious.

    Sent by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Kris. You know A doesn't have a problem with someone ordering restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait til Dec. when we learn our date! Yay for Isabella agreeing to seeing us in the spring.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.