Prepping for a visit with a celebrity requires training. Mind, body and soul must be properly prepped and vetted.
Step I - The Mind
Properly conversing is key, and it's up to all of us to come up with a variety of topics and questions that are neither stupid or insane.
Because I am me, I call everything DOG. The rest of you are on your own.
There's also the issue about what the policy might be regarding pictures. And do you think Isabella has heard a request weirder than "Will you take a picture with this stuffed cow?" ?
Step II - The Body
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm walking my feet to nubs in order to get my body into a shape that isn't round. Besides, it's The Mode to walk everywhere in NYC so obviously I gotta get my walk on. I also want to lose 10 - 15 so that I look awesome in my shoes and wide-leg pants and a blouse that is To Be Determined. I'm sure there are health benefits of walking 2 miles a day having to do with heart disease and cholesterol but really. I just want to have less hips.
There is also the whole issue of WTF I'm going to do with my hair, but I've already started working on that problem by having it colored (red violet for those keeping track at home). I will experiment with cuts for the next 6 month so I an achieve a hairstyle that looks more like unintended cool and less like an angry bird made a nest in it.
Step III - The Soul
You may or may not know this, but we're going to be eating sushi. This is problematic on many levels (completely dysfunctional with chopsticks, unfamiliar with the menu) but the largest hurdle is the fact that I hate fish. It's not just that I have faves or caveats...I HATE it. If it swims I am not eating it. You can bread it, slather it in sauce, put it between bread or spell it with a K, I don't care. I hate it.
So I'm started on a program of adjusting to the experience. So far so good, I guess. I didn't vomit on my first try, but I can't say I really enjoyed it either. And the seaweed? No thank you. Even the cream cheese, in and of itself a usual savior of all dishes, could not make up for the fishy flavor. Neither could the avacado. I remain skeptical.
Also apparently we are also going to work on our alcohol tolerance, because while Tipsy is Cute, Drunk is Sloppy. One glass of anything puts me right to sleep, less than ideal over dinner, so we're going to drink a glass of wine a night. Again, I'm sure there's something about heart health and stuff but this is all about making sure we don't embarrass ourselves and/or miss out on anything heart-stopping or at least interesting.
And finally, random thoughts that have been discussed in the last 48:
Will we be dining in a semi-private area? And if not, do we get to bodycheck anybody who attempts to interrupt our dinner?
Who wants to go with me to have dessert at Serendipity?
Do we think Isabella is going to bring a manager or assistant?
Is it April yet?

I think if we give her the gift up front it will lead us into a nice Green Porno-type discussion. That alone might be enough for her to think we're all on the same weird plane.
ReplyDeleteThe restaurant serves more than just sushi. You can order one of those items. Please stop worrying about hurling on Isabella.
As to your last questions:
I also hope it's a private dining area but if not just remember that we will have A with us.
I have no idea about Serendipity but I'm in!
Isabella will bring someone. A manager, an agent or a bodyguard. And she'll bring a puppy! Holding out hope for that last one.
Not April yet but it is almost December. You have more walking and hair cuts and I have more laps in the pool to go. Be grateful for the time left. I know I am.
Awww, you'd take Moolly with you?! You could tell her that Gillian Anderson did it... maybe that would stir her competitive juices? *g*
ReplyDeleteWell of course I'd take Moolly! I feel honor-bound to do so!
ReplyDeleteCount me in for dessert!
ReplyDeleteIf she brings someone I would love it if it's her daughter.
Well, she clearly had her picture taken with a PIG, so a cow shouldn't be any stranger. ;)
ReplyDelete