Saturday, April 16, 2011

3 hours and 51 minutes.

It's the really final FINAL countdown! We will all start getting ready in an hour and then...then...we will...like. GO. And have our magical dinner at Nobu. AND WE WILL ALL DIE FROM THE AWESOME.

But let me catch you up on the goings-on since my last blog.

On thursday, after our big day out at the Rock and Times Square, K and I were pretty knocked the fuck out, so we headed back to the apartment where we met one of Leslie's awesome friends and her dog, Lucy, and had the most delicious pizza and wine. It was a wonderfully chill evening after a big day and we eventually parted for bed.

But not before Andrew made us reservations for lunch the next day at Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. The plan was that we'd load up our crap in Leslie's car, go to lunch and she'd take us to the hotel. Just reason number 3,497 that Leslie is AWESOMESAUCE.

Peter Luger's was, in a word, amazing. The following pictures are complete and total food porn and if you are allergic or morally opposed to Very Large Pieces of Beef you might want to scroll ahead.

Appetizer of tomatoes and onions. Most delicious, ripe tomatoes.

Some fine, fine delicious meat. Tender like butter.
The ginormous bone we were served from.
Dessert. The "holy cow" sundae. Yes it was.
After lunch we made it to the hotel where Patty was already waiting for us and we made ourselves comfortable while we waited on Michelle. Our hotel room is really quite nice and very spacious.

It's also very WHITE.
Patty and Michelle were hungry and Kandance and I pretended that we were still full from lunch. I think technically we were and we were just going to have something to drink. At least that was the plan as we descended into the Subway to go down to Brother Jimmy's BBQ.

Just when we leave I will have fully conquered the MTA Subway system.
Michelle and Patty had ribs and pulled pork respectively, while K and I demurely ordered chips and spinach artichoke dip with chips. She also had some kind of punch thing and I had a Charleston AP. They were some STRONG drinks. I didn't need another one, but Kandance got a drunked sailor.

Charleston AP, the Arnold Palmer for winos.
"Put some south in yo mouth." Appropriate, y/y?

Then we decided we needed dessert. And by "need" we're talking the way a fat person needs cake. Or needs a red velvet waffle with cream cheese ice cream. WE TOTALLY NEEDED IT.

Delicious red velvet waffle with MAGICAL cream cheese ice cream.
Full of food and spirits we went back to the hotel by way of the Hershey store where I picked up a t-shirt and some dark chocolate and Patty bought the room some dark chocolate peanut butter cups. YUM.  It was like 9 o'clock and we were passed out by 10. Hey, it had been a long day and my body needed serious time to recuperate and digest all the food I'd eaten.

This morning, Patty and Michelle were up early and out to Starbucks while K and I sunned ourselves on the rock of our previous meal, aka we slept a while longer. When we finally dressed and were presentable we met Patty and Michelle in the lobby and proceeded downtown to 34th Street where we found Lush, Macy's and a cute little cafe for breakfast. We also stopped at the I "heart" NY store for cheesey gifts for ourselves and others. And then...Lush. I actually purchased an ugodly amount of LUSH merchandise, but it was all so smell goody and delicious, I couldn't help myself.

That's $130 of Lush right there, viewers.
We also went to Macy's, which was HUGE and PACKED and I kept feeling like it was a much cooler store when Maureen O'Hara worked there.

Kind of an NY staple, anyway.

We headed back uptown and stopped at both the Hard Rock Cafe (for souveniers) and a 3-story Walgreen's. What, I needed knee highs!

Times Square *is* pretty awe inspiring.
So now we're back in the hotel room, and our dinner is in 3 hours and 23 minutes. Our limo for the night cancelled on us, but I know Leslie the Fierce will get that made right somehow. I might start hyperventilating soon, and sweating like a whore in church. But it's here! Holy shit. 

Stay tuned for the part where we go INSANE!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't said this in a while, but...

    *squeeeeeeeee*

    Pretty sure that's the appropriate thing to say.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.